Quarterly Prep School Rankings
With most prep schools 10+ games into their season, and high school teams having played at least two games, RecruitDirt.com has reached out to its affiliates and put together the Quarterly Top 10 Prep Rankings.
Below are the Top 10 teams in the country:
1) Oak Hill Academy – Sitting at 14-0 and coming off a tough weekend in the Rumble at Rupp, the Warriors are connecting on all cylinders. They have a big one this weekend against Dematha in DC.
2) Hargrave Military Academy – Leading the country in scoring at any level (120ppg) Hargrave has established itself as a pressing juggernaut. Defeating Mack Academy on Saturday by 30, they face a tough Fishburne team Wednesday night at home. Hargrave is currently 12-0.
3) Brewster Academy – With arguably the best starting 5 in prep school basketball, the Bobcats have been drubbing teams. Coming off a shallacking of Rise Academy, Coach Jason Smith’s team is home this weekend for one of the best invitationals in New England, creatively called the Brewster Invitational. Brewster is 8-0.
4) Montaverde Academy – Kevin Boyle’s team is on another level in early FHSAA play. Teams cannot eclipse the 30 point mark against the Eagles. The City of Palms is looming, if they come out of there undefeated, people will really be on the Montaverde bandwagon. Montaverde is currently 4-0.
5) Tilton Prep – After winning the State Farm Tournament in Illinois and going to work at the Prep School National Tournament the week before, Tilton has turned heads. Even more so because it was a team effort in Illinois as Nerlens Noel was just a contributor while some of his teammates came alive. Tilton plays next against Worcester Academy before going to the Brewster Invitational this weekend.
6) Huntington Prep – It didn’t take long for Coach Fulford to put his team on the national scene, but with players like Andrew Wiggins and Negus Webster-Chan, it was bound to happen. Their lone loss coming against a quality Tilton team on Thanksgiving Day, everybody who has seen Prep play or practice is sold on them. They play St. Ignatius (SC) next on Dec. 10.
7) Findlay Prep – It was tough putting Findlay this low in the Top 10, but with other teams playing more games, and demolishing teams at an embarassing rate, it’s just was the way it crumbled. Findlay is loaded with players, and if not for Huntington and Brewster, they would have the most talented starting 5 in the country. Sitting at 7-0, Findlay plays next against El Dorado HS on Dec 8th.
8) Arlington Country Day – With Torian Graham leading the charge, ACD is not only winning games, but making Sportscenter-esque plays each time they step on the floor. They play next against Florida Christian Institute on Dec. 10th.
9) South Kent – Ricky Ledo and Chris Thomas may be one of the better 1-2 punches on the wing in the country, and they have carried South Kent up until this point in the season. South Kent is 5-0 and take on St. Thomas More tonight.
10) Quality Education – Their lone loss coming to the #1 team in the land Oak Hill Academy, Coach Pitts’ team is built Ford tough, and they have quite a bit of talent. With an easy win Tuesday night over Crossroads Charter, QEA is now 8-1, and play in the Upper Room tournament this weekend.